Sunday, December 29, 2013

Short Mountain Excursion

*This is the edited version because I wrote this half awake the other night and rereading it the next day drove me mad!*

I could not have had a better time this weekend.

So my friend, her husband, the guy I'm seeing (not technically boyfriend, yet), and myself went up to the mountains. Now, quick disclaimer, this may get a little NSFW. I'm not gonna give all the deets, but enough of them.

Anyway, we left yesterday afternoon, we got in my friend's car and first set out for food, because traffic  sucked and food is always good. We stopped in Monrovia to get some pho. What I noticed this weekend is how quickly body language can change when you're starting to see someone. During this part of the weekend, I was still very shy and nervous. The first time we went out, it took forever for me to get the courage to lay my head on his shoulder, and I never even worked up the courage to kiss him. So this encounter, I was still very shy. I'm better about silly things like looking him in the eye when we talk, trying to be myself as much as possible... but generally I'm shy, walking ahead of the group because I don't want to deal with the pressure of whether or not we're going to hold hands. Things like that. (This was pretty much the opposite of the body language today).

We finished our pho and headed up to the mountains. It was a long drive. Sad part is, he actually lives closer to the mountains than our friends who drove, but he still wanted to drive with us, so he had already made a big part of this drive once already. I did my silly little, "I'll leave my hand in the middle and maybe he'll grab it" trick. It didn't really work (I think we finally started holding hands toward the end of the drive, but things might just be blurring together). We got to the mountain house where we were staying, unloaded the car and promptly went about making sure things like the water worked. My friend and I had been talking through text messages and code in front of the boys so I could express my extreme nervousness and my general overthinking anxieties. While the boys went about making sure the water and heat worked, we talked a little more candidly, where she just giggled about everything.

Now, I'm not too proud of this, but I did need a little liquid courage to loosen myself up a bit. And this had been a planned weekend of intoxication. So before the first game of the evening had been explained, I had already finished my first beer, a shot of whiskey, and started my second beer. I was purposely drinking fast; figured get it in my system early, and stop relatively early too. I also gave myself a limit and was good about stopping at that limit (4 beers, 1 shot, nothing else). The altitude made the drinks hit a little bit harder than normal, and I'm a lightweight as is. (Not the last time the altitude played a role in how things went this weekend). Anyway, we filled the night with silly games. While my friend's husband tried to explain the rules to a game, I started making a house out of game tiles, and trying to be as cute as possible to the guy I like (I found out later I was very successful in this). We played games for hours.

Eventually, after everyone had had enough to drink and was a little too intoxicated for games, so we decided to head downstairs to the TV room to watch a movie. Now, I had reached my limit for the evening, so I wasn't really all there, and excessive amounts of alcohol make me sleepy. Honestly, I only remember maybe 5 minutes of the movie. Yep, I fell asleep! Before falling asleep, the guy I like and I got on one couch, my friend and her husband on the other. I laid my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me... and from there on I only remember little flashes of the movie (which is kind of disturbing because we were watching Pan's Labyrinth, so its weird things I remember). Since I was asleep for most of the movie, I don't remember this, but my friend said that he just kept rubbing my arm, like he was drawing little circles. She said he even bent down and kissed the top of my head at one point. I remember the circles (because he does that a lot, and so do I), But I don't remember the head kiss. Adorable.

NOW FOR THE ADULT STUFF! So after the movie ended, my friend and her husband (who was the most drunk) excused themselves to go to bed. The guy and I stayed (I woke up when they were leaving). Star Trek had started playing after Pan's Labyrinth, so we started to watch that. We did not get very long into the movie. It kills me that I already can't remember all the details and order of events. First it started with us kissing for the first time. I had been kissing his hand that he had wrapped around me, and he was kissing my head and I don't remember who instigated, but we eventually just kissed, an actual kiss. This ended up moving from just a kiss to full on making out. This making out escalated pretty quickly, to me getting on top of him and him trying to undress me. I suggested going to the bedroom, and he agreed. We proceeded to gather our stuff and turn off the TV (like good guests), going into the guest room. We fooled around a little for a while. Eventually something made me get super shy and self conscious, and I just kind of laid there blushing as he hold me how attractive he thinks I am, and how he'd been checking me out all night (and I had apparently been oblivious to it). Without knowing it, he picked out things that I'm actually SUPER self conscious about and told me how much he likes them (usual things like weight, legs, butt... you get the picture). To kind of ease the nervousness a little more, he figured out how ridiculously ticklish I can be, and proceeded to just lightly touch me everywhere just to get me to giggle.

Now, remember how I said altitude played a factor in how things went? This is where that comes into play. As we had been making out and such, I eventually told him to go get my purse from upstairs because I had a condom in it. (I did not plan on using said condom, but I brought it just in case because better safe than making poor choices). He stops me, saying he already has one with him next to the bed (so maybe he had planned on using one haha). And this is where I can't write too much detail, because 1) no one wants to hear this stuff, 2) he will kill me if he ever reads this one day. So you know how in higher altitude your blood pressure can drop? And you know how blood pressure is a big factor in male parts... So as to not have to write any more details, basically the altitude lowered his blood pressure too much for him to do anything, so we did not end up needing the condoms haha. He jokingly said after our last failed attempt, "Well, I guess we'll just have to try again closer to sea level." To which I agreed.

So we continued to fool around a little until well after 6am. We finally curled up and went to sleep. I woke up before him (I think) and just laid there, enjoying the comfort of laying with him. I did not want to move or even speak, I did not want to spoil the moment. Eventually our friends knocked on the door to get us up because it was already after 10am and they wanted to get all the sheets in the washer. So we start getting up, and the guy suggests we shower together to conserve water. I agreed, but this did not become the steamy shower situation you'd think. The water heater was apparently not working, and our friends had failed to inform us of this. So the two of us were trying to keep each other warm while we braved the literally freezing cold water (my friend and her husband could hear us screaming and laughing from upstairs...). The rest of the day was spent walking around Lake Arrowhead with our friends. He held my hand or put his arm around me any possible chance. Even after we returned to our friends' house in Pasadena we continued to hold hands and cuddle as much as possible. Even when we went out to dinner that night, we held hands under the table and one of our friends threw a napkin on top of our hands, scolding "there are children around!" To cut the story a little short (because let's be honest, I didn't sleep much and it's already after midnight), at the end of the night, he walked me back to my car, we hugged a long time, then he kissed me goodnight... I'm not great at goodbyes, in fact I hate them. But this particular goodbye really sucked because even though this date (if you want to call it that) had been going on for over 24 hours, I still did not want it to end. My friend pointed out that I am very comfortable with him, which isn't very in character for me. I have a hard time getting to know people and being comfortable around them. I'm still not completely comfortable around him (despite now having seen each other naked), but I'm more comfortable than I thought I would be.

It was a fantastic weekend. I'm on cloud 9 right now.

No comments: