Thursday, February 13, 2014

UnValentine

I'm being extremely lazy this morning. I've gotten up and fallen back to sleep several times. But hey, I didn't get to bed until after 4am, so it's ok.

I went out on my Valentine's date last night. Jon (have I used his name in these blogs yet? I don't remember.) and I haven't been dating long, but he remembered all the way back to August, when we started talking, that I said I loved the band Band of Horses. I had told him that I originally went to Outside Lands in San Francisco to see them, and they were one of the bands we missed because of our flight... a few months later I told him how they had a show in LA in February, but it was sold out. He some how was able to find us 2 tickets (they have some guy named Matt's name on them, so I'm guessing ebay or something haha). He wanted it to be a surprise but he got super excited because he knew how excited I would be. So, he gave me a bunch of hints and just waited for me to figure it out, because he knows I'm super impatient and nosey. I figured it out in a few hours.

My friend Summer jokes that we go on "marathon dates" because when we see each other its not just for a few hours, it's an all day (& sometimes all night) affair. This was no exception. Now, Jon hasn't proven himself to be the most punctual person haha so when he picked me up an hour late, I wasn't really surprised. We drove to LA, making comments about traffic, joking about stupid things, just having nice conversation... we went on a mini-adventure looking for parking, got trapped in a structure that wasn't technically a public structure... we got inside the church where the concert was and we both immediately went into Ted Mosby mode. The architecture was beautiful in this church.

The whole evening was amazing. There were definitely a few bumps, it wasn't absolutely "perfect." But that's actually something I've been trying to work on personally. I get too upset when things don't go according to plan. With Jon, I've learned that I can still enjoy myself and things can be perfect without being "perfect." Whenever we've gone out, we've only half planned what we're going to do. We kind of just wing it after that. So far everything has been enjoyable. We are easily able to just talk and drive and be content without a real destination.

It was a great evening. I'm truly content right now, and I haven't been able to say that in a very long time. Now, I'm off to maybe do something productive since I need to be at rehearsal in a few hours.

No comments: