Saturday, April 11, 2009

[Frankly,] My dear, I don't give a damn!

Hey folks,

Yeah I haven't written in awhile. I have lots, I guess, I write about but right now we're going to take another look into my book-of-the-moment. This time it's Gone With The Wind. I'm not far along at all but here are some interesting facts.

- FACT: The "frankly" was added for the movie. He's much sweeter about shunning Scarlett in the book.
- FACT: It is really hard to read the slave's dialogue. Phonetic spelling is a bitch.
- FACT: Scarlett was only 16! WTF? I don't remember that from the movie.
- Favorite passage thus far:
When the twins left Scarlett standing on the porch of Tara and the last sound of flying hooves had died awa, she went back to her chair like a sleepwalker. Her face went stiff as from pain and her mouth actually hurt from having stretched it, unwillingly, in simles to prevent the twins from learning her secret. She sat down wearily, tucking one foot under her, and her heart swelled up with misery, until it felt too large for her bosom. It beat with odd little jerks; her hands were cold, and a feeling of disaster oppressed her.

Good quote.

No comments: