Monday, February 16, 2009

Vital Information for Your Everyday Life

I'm a list-aholic [using the suffix -aholic as a joke because it annoys me to death how everyone uses that so much/incorrectly.] and those stupid lists on Facebook have been pretty exciting for me. So here is my list of random thoughts for the night.

1. Note to self: working out for an hour, while sick, is probably not the best idea...

2. Like 99.9% of girls my age, I hate how I look. All through high school I was so embarrassed about my acne, and though it's not completely cleared up, it's gotten so much better. Now that that problem is fixed, I feel like I'm getting fat. Shoot me if you want, but I went from being between 112-118 all throughout college, to being 135 going into graduation... it really upsets me [especially considering I was 108 when I graduated high school.] Why can't I have things on my side and have both?

3. In the same thought as 1 and 2, my resolution is to stop being lazy and actually work out... I probably should eat more non-junk food too, but one step at a time haha.

4. When I know or think that someone is interested in me, I put a great deal of distance between myself and them. I'm a complete commitaphobe.

5. I really, really, really, really need to see a dentist. It hurts to chew on my right side and I haven't been in probably 3 years. I asked my mom to set me up an appointment in September, she forgot to write it down. The next week my sister asked her, even though she's gone pretty consistently and doesn't have anything too urgent to get done, and my mom called right then and got her in. She had 3 cavities and it cost my mom about $800. Oh, and she's supposed to get her wisdom teeth out too, apparently. Now my parents, and myself, can't afford to send me to the dentist. Like I said, it hurts to chew and I haven't been in years... my mom still feels like crap for forgetting to write it down when I asked her.

6. All my dog does is sleep... What the hell does she do all day that she's always tired?

7. When I move into my own home one day, I want a fireplace. We have one and use it almost daily. My mom usually burns my dad's old business records from the 1990s. She says it makes her feel like Enron. Having a fire always makes me feel at home :].

8. I have ridiculously low self-esteem. I know that's not uncommon or special, but still. I'm told I'm too hard on myself. 

9. I like shows like "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" but hate shows like "The Bachelor." Kids are adorable. Guys trying to find the "love of their life" in a few months, while essentially cheating on 16 girls at once... either diabolical or retarded... depends on how you look at it.

10. I know I'm ridiculous and that it's not that cold, but I've been wearing thermal leggings and knee high socks under my jeans for the last 2 weeks. I get cold very easily. I would probably die living back east in the winter.

11. I think it's really funny that on my first paper of the quarter I got 78% and on my first test/midterm I got 87%. Neither grade is "good enough," but oh well... oh, senioritis.

12. I know I shouldn't but I compare my life to friends/family/co-worker's lives. I feel like a real loser some times. Like the girl I work with at Cal, Jen. She's engaged, owns her home, aged out in BD 07 [not that I'm jealous of her being in BD, just the fact she has a ring/marched Saturday night], works full-time on top of working with Cal, is a dance major [which I am jealous of because I would love to dance well and take classes in school], she's actually a double major... yeah, I think I made my point. I feel like by comparison, I haven't done much with my life. I haven't been able to really hold a job for very long [though that's my own fault, I've always quit every job because of school...], I'm lazy, I've had more boyfriends than I care to admit [but at least I can laugh about it haha]... oh well. 

13. For 20 years I have shared a room with my sister. We've fought, but usually we get along great. Once we got into college, we started fighting more than ever before. I have to fight with her to use my room... it's retarded...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.